Cadence13 Presents The 2019 SXSW Podcast Stage
Leading premium podcast company brings top creators from the worlds of entertainment, true crime, current events, pop culture and more to Austin, featuring over thirty podcasts live on stage
Pretty Basic, Crimetown Presents, Entertainment Weekly, Andrew Jenks,
Maria Shriver, Neil Strauss, Pushkin Industries, Tenderfoot TV’s Donald Albright and more
New York, NY (March 8, 2019)–Cadence13, a leading premium podcast company, today announced that it is presenting the SXSW Podcast Stage for 2019 and bringing a wide range of its top podcasts and personalities to the annual festival taking place March 8-17, 2019 in Austin, TX.
The SXSW Podcast Stage presented by Cadence13 will host podcasts across a number of genres—music, film, technology, comedy, politics, and more—recorded in front of a live audience during the SXSW Conference.
Cadence13’s SXSW Podcast Stage lineup will feature notable pairings, previews of upcoming programming, and very special guests from a diverse group of its top personalities and partners, as well as hosts from many other notable and emerging podcasts.
“Cadence13 has many of the strongest, most original and exciting voices in podcasting and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to showcase them at SXSW,” said Chris Corcoran, Chief Content Officer, Cadence13. “The SXSW Podcast stage will be a hub of entertainment, culture, newsmakers and standout personalities.”
The 2019 SXSW Podcast Stage, presented by Cadence13, will originate from the Brazos Room at the JW Marriott in Austin and will feature:
- On International Women’s Day, award-winning journalist and bestselling author Maria Shriver hosts a special episode of Meaningful Conversations with Maria Shriver with designer and philanthropist Kendra Scott (March 8, 5:00 pm).
- From Ramble, Cadence13’s network of creators and tastemakers produced in partnership with UTA, Pretty Basic, hosted by Alisha Marie and Remi Cruz, who will share their candid experiences as some of YouTube’s most successful creators (Saturday, March 9, 11:00 am).
- A preview of Crimetown Presents: The Ballad of Billy Balls, the new true crime investigative series from Zac Stuart-Pontier and Marc Smerling, launching in Spring 2018 and hosted by writer and activist iO Tillett Wright. In this special preview, Stuart-Pontier and Wright explore the mystery of what happened to Billy Balls (March 10, 5:00 pm).
- A special edition of Recode Media with Peter Kafka with guests Jacob Weisberg, co-founder, Pushkin Industries, Marshall Williams, founder, Ad Results Media, and award-winning writer and journalist Bethany McClean, about the where the podcasting industry may be going next (March 11, 3:30 pm).
- Entertainment Weekly’s Shana Naomi Krochmal talks with Kathy Griffin about her new documentary A Hell of a Story, debuting at SXSW (March 12, 3:30 pm).
- Documentarian Andrew Jenks sits down for an interview with acclaimed filmmaker Erin Lee Carr for his What Really Happened? Podcast to discuss the true crime genre. Carr is debuting her new HBO documentary I Love You, Now Die: The Commonwealth vs. Michelle Carter at SXSW (March 12, 5:00 pm).
- Tenderfoot TV will feature New York Times bestselling author and Rolling Stone writer Neil Strauss, host of the new true crime podcast To Live and Die in LA together with Donald Albright, co-founder of Tenderfoot TV, discussing The Art of Storytelling and Podcasting. (March 13, 3:30 pm).
Visit www.cadence13.com and www.sxsw.com for more information.
Cadence13 is a leading premium podcast company and was named one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2019.” Our roster of critically-acclaimed shows and personalities reflects the diverse conversations and interests happening in the world, led by a collection of voices that include Sophia Amoruso, Nick Bilton, Rachel Brathen, Kobe Bryant, Deepak Chopra, Gotham Chopra, Remi Cruz, David Dobrik, Jon Favreau, Malcolm Gladwell, Andrew Jenks, Peter King, Tony Kornheiser, Michael Lewis, Payne Lindsey, Jon Lovett, Alisha Marie, CJ McCollum, James Andrew Miller, Jim Norton, Gwyneth Paltrow, Josh Peck, Zac Stuart-Pontier, Paul Rabil, Rhett and Link, Rick Rubin, Michael Sheehan, Maria Shriver, Marc Smerling, Tommy Vietor, Adrian Wojnarowski and many more. These storytellers represent both established and emerging personalities across sports, business, tech, politics, entertainment and news. Cadence13 has a broad range of programming partners including Comments by Celebs, Conde Nast, Crooked Media, Entertainment Weekly, Girlboss Media, goop, Granity Studios, Meredith, Mythical Entertainment, Pushkin Industries, Ramble, Seven Bucks Productions, Sports Illustrated, Tenderfoot TV, theSkimm, TNT, UFC, Up and Vanished, UTA, Vanity Fair, Who? Weekly and Yoga Girl, among others. Cadence13 is headquartered in New York, with offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
VP, Publicity | Cadence13